Table Row Color

Hi All,

I am unable to color my rows on the basis of value coming in a single column. Is there a way to do that ?

I am using the V7.3.1

Appreciate your help!!!

Thanks,
Shubham

1 Like

Hi @shubham2712,

The documentation on the table panel will help you color rows the way you’d like.

You should also check out this nice table on the play.grafana.org sandbox site.

Here’s a screenshot of that panel. I think it’s close to what you want to achieve.

2 Likes

Although you can use thresholds to colour cells, I think the OP wanted a method to colour an entire row based on a specified field.

I don’t think the table panel supports coloured rows.

3 Likes

yup correct !!!

I want the whole row colored rather than cell based :frowning:

1 Like

@codlord is correct, @shubham2712. This feature was supported in older versions of Grafana but is currently not available. There is a workaround to use the old table panel, but I think this might be on the roadmap for Grafana 8. I’ll ask the team and get the details. In the meantime, here is the workaround:

Open your panel JSON.

Find the line reading: "type": "table",
Change the line to: "type": "table-old",

This will load the old Angular table visualization.

Now edit your query and scroll down to Panel ==> Options ==> Thresholds ==> Color Mode. Select Row. Now you can colorize an entire row!

More soon on whether or not this feature is returning.

2 Likes

@shubham2712 ,
I spoke with the frontend team and I don’t think this feature will get implemented for the Grafana V8 release, but it is now on our backlog :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @mattabrams can we create a pivot table using Grafana ?

I am unable to do that!!! Can you please help?

Hi @shubham2712,

you might be able to achieve what you want, but it probably depends on the details of your situation. For instance: what is your datasource and what are you trying to achieve?

I would read these two related topics and see if they help you transform your data how you’d like:

~m

I also ran into this question of how to color a whole row based on a property of a column value.
And see

@codlord wrote

This feature was supported in older versions of Grafana but is currently not available.

@mattabrams wrote

I spoke with the front-end team and I don’t think this feature will get implemented for the Grafana V8 release

This is now the third time I read

• was available in Table(old)
  • but is not available in the current Table

upvote this feature request:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.