sumSeries, Stats Panel and Graphite

Hi,

this is my first post in this community :slight_smile:

I try to explain what I’m doing: I collect printer statistics via Icinga2, and I store them using Graphite. The printers report a value for overall printed pages since printer exists.
I made a Stats Panel; in fact, first it was a Singlestat Panel, but this was even more pain in the ass… In this stats panel I want to show the difference within the selected time range – “How many pages are printed within the last 7 days?”. Stats panel, the query is this one, vizualisation is Show: Calculation and Calc: Difference:

icinga2.$printersInDepartement.services.Page_Counters.snmp.perfdata.overall.value

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 11.21.22

And this is fine, values are correct. Next step: I want a second panel, and it should sum up these three values. So I tried this query:

sumSeries(icinga2.$printersInDepartement.services.Page_Counters.snmp.perfdata.overall.value)

It seems to work, and it works most of the time, but suddenly when changing time ranges it calculates weird values.
Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 11.27.21

This even happens when all single values are 0… So 0+0+0 and the resulting was something like -37468.

So I know: stats panel is beta. Could it be a bug in this panel, or is my query not good at all? Is there a more clever way to solve it?

I’m using v6.6.0 (5c11bbdfb4) Docker image.

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Marianne