How to troubleshoot missing dashboard deployed for grafana operator

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

grafana 9.3.6 deployed via grafana operator

• What are you trying to achieve?

We have a set of dashboards that do not show up despite their being [supposedly] successfully installed

• How are you trying to achieve it?

We install two sets of dashboards, currently. One set get installed via configmap method and the other via directly to the CRD using CRs.

• What happened?

The dashboards show up as recognized/installed CRs but the dashboards do not show up in the grafana browser.

• What did you expect to happen?

We expected the dashboards to show up in the browser. Manually importing JSON works fine. The CR installations do not.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

One sample:

apiVersion: integreatly.org/v1alpha1
kind: GrafanaDashboard
metadata:
  annotations: {}
  name: gdb-banzai-dashboards-apiserver
  namespace: grafana
spec:
  json: |-
  {valid JSON here which I cannot show}
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

This is the problem. There are NO errors. There are no clues that I can find which help me understand what’s going wrong. Log level is set to debug.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

No. Nothing outside the ordinary.

Can you query the backend database or use the api to see if they have really been created?

Looks like they are not as long as the following is a good search criteria:

curl -Ls 'http://user:password@localhost:3000/api/search?tag=kubernetes-mixin'
[]

I would also check for dashboard api as well as checking the backend db just to verify.

I’ve never done that before. Would you mind linking me to some documentation for how to do that? TIA!!