Obtaining a graph of S3 buckets size in Grafana, over time (or not)

Hi,

I am trying to create a graph which is fairly straightforward in Cloudwatch but cannot seem to do in Grafana. I just want a moment in time (or over time, doesn’t matter) graph of S3 bucket size for all my S3 buckets (in that account).

Cloudwatch can do this easily and the legend is the most important information but the graph over time is neat as well
CloudWatch_Management_Console

I can’t get it for one bucket, this doesn’t seem to work:

And eventually I’d want see to be BucketName = * or something similar.

Obviously this is very easy to do in InfluxDB but I can’t figure out how to do this in CW, probably a limitation of the DS.

Help?

1 Like

Setting the “Relative time” field to the range you want worked for me.
For example setting it to “3M” gave me the sizes of the buckets over the last 3 months.

1 Like

@satej1210 very weird. I couldn’t get anything to show either no matter what I changed my relative time to (in the upper right corner of the Grafana dashboard). Then I put 3M in the Relative Time field in the query and suddenly data showed. I removed the 3M, and now I can use the relative time range drop-down in the top-right of Grafana dashboard perfectly, even though nothing is in my Relative Time field in the query. Bug? Additionally, the query is the exact same as from a pre-build dashboard I found on Grafana’s website (dashboard ID 575), yet the “current” result in my custom built panel/dashboard is almost 10 TB more than the pre-built one I downloaded, and I have both set to “Last 1 year”. Hmmm. I am trying to create ONE dashboard that shows the total of all buckets. Currently, with the pre-built dashboard I downloaded (ID 575), you have to click a drop-down and go to each bucket to see the current size. Either way thanks for the TIP! :+1:

Hi, author of that dashboard ID 575 here. That dashboard is trying to be generic as much as possible, so it doesn’t offer All option (actually, it was not possible to query all resources in previous Grafana versions). But that’s not stopping you to customize it for your need. Just use * (it is a drop-down, but you can still write own text there) for bucket and stack graph, e.g.:

1 Like

@jangaraj … wow. That is awesome, thanks for the super helpful tip!! Had no idea I could use the * in the drop-down. Too bad I cannot change it to * and save the dashboard. It seems to revert to the first (alphabetized) dashboard upon return after I save it with the *.