Live API errors

For the past week or so, I’ve been seeing occasional “unauthorized” messages in the Grafana webpage, and this line in the log:

logger=context userId=0 orgId=0 uname= t=2023-12-02T17:32:43.894792407Z level=info msg=“Request Completed” method=GET path=/api/live/ws status=401 remote_addr=172.24.80.239 time_ms=0 duration=676.986µs size=40 referer= handler=/api/live/ws

I think this may have started when I enabled https and OAuth in the Grafana config, but I’m not completely sure. Is there some additional config required to make this “live” websocket connection work? I’m not even using Grafana Live so I wouldn’t mind simply disabling it too if I could find a way to do that.

I’ve configured the following environment variables in Docker which may be relevant. (Redacted for privacy.)

- GF_SERVER_CERT_FILE=
 - GF_SERVER_CERT_KEY=
 - GF_SERVER_DOMAIN=
 - GF_SERVER_ENFORCE_DOMAIN=false
 - GF_SERVER_PROTOCOL=https
 - GF_SERVER_ROOT_URL=
 - GF_SECURITY_COOKIE_SECURE=true
 - GF_AUTH_DISABLE_LOGIN_FORM=true
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_ALLOW_SIGN_UP=true
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_API_URL=
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_AUTH_URL=
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID=
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET__FILE=
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_ENABLED=true
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_SCOPES=email openid profile
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_SKIP_ORG_ROLE_SYNC=true
 - GF_AUTH_GENERIC_OAUTH_TOKEN_URL=
1 Like

Dont fret too nuch, its just informational

I don’t care so much about the log file but it’s showing a yellow error message pop up in the webpage that is annoying.

We cant see your screen remotely please post a screen grab and the actual error in the browser. It could be unrelated to the log error

Here’s the error, shown in the top right.

It seems like there are 2 endpoints causing similar errors, /api/live/publish and /api/live/ws.

logger=context userId=0 orgId=0 uname= t=2023-12-02T22:30:29.637945449Z level=info msg=“Request Completed” method=GET path=/api/live/publish status=401 remote_addr=172.24.80.239 time_ms=0 duration=632.281µs size=40 referer= handler=notfound

What is this netflix stuff?

Where are you hosting your grafana?

It’s self hosted in a Docker container.

bumping up this thread