How to use string value for stat panel

Hi guys, sorry for disturbing, I m new to grafana. So basically, I m trying to display the background color of stat panel based on value from mysql. My value is in VARCHAR datatype e.g. RUNNING, STOPPED, etc … in string format but I found out that threshold only accept numerical value, is there any solution? Btw, I m in the latest version of grafana, and just download it today.

I realize 12 days have passed, but in case you or anyone is still looking for a solution…

My query returns a value 0.05, -0.75, etc. and I used the Value Mappings to display text based on the value returned. Perhaps you could rewrite your query to return a value and then use Grafana’s thresholds and value mappings to accomplish RUNNING, STOPPED, etc.

1 Like

@grant2 nvm its ok, btw Thanks for reply! :smiley: I already have figured it out, but not sure if I m using the correct way or not e.g. my query return string RUNNING, IDLE, STOP, and I used value mapping to set the color for each result, so for the text printed at panel there instead of Ok, it will be RUNNING or etc…