How to disconnect "now" variable from hardware timezone?

Hi!
I am currently working on a dashboard that is on UTC timezone, however, my machine is in UTC-03. This is causing problems on the dashboard that is (as far as I can tell) detached from browser timezone. I will attach screenshots of the settings:

Any ideas on why this is happening? I am actually using the UTC timezone on my computer and grafana displays everything correctly.

Thank you for your help!!

General rule: data must be saved in UTC timezone.
Then each client (Grafana instance) will apply own local timezone (e. g. Grafana uses browser timezone).

Data saved in non utc timezone = many problems: search forum for issues e. g. my data are x hours behind/ahead.

So now is connected to your hardware, because that’s a source of your user timezone.

Of course you can overwrite default Grafana behaviour, e.g. hardcode dashboard timezone to hardocded value.

Thanks for the reply!!
Right now the data is stored as UTC, and is queried correctly through utc. My theory is that somehow the from value is being obtained not through the default timezone, but through my pc’s timezone. How can I do what you mentioned at the end?

‘hardcode dashboard timezone to hardocded value.’

Dashboard settings:

My theory is that somehow the from value is being obtained not through the default timezone, but through my pc’s timezone

Please use query inspector and prove that. This theory doesn’t looks correct (but maybe you are using some crazy panel type, 3rd party plugin, …), which doesn’t implement it in the right way.

Thanks again!
There is a screenshot of the query inspector,

A picture of the default timezone

I am currently using infinity plugin (my data is in json format) with the following query:

httpsstart_ts=${__from:date:YYYY-MM-DDTHH}:${__from:date:mm}:${__from:date:ss}&code=

Got it. Your problem is how to use advance date variable formatting, which will format value in UTC time zone. Check doc, search forum, e.g.:

1 Like