How To - Create Interactive panels in dashboard

Hi All,

I’m looking for a way to build interactive dashboards in grafana. The requirement is that we have three panels

• Table

• Bar chart

• Line chart

When user clicks a particular row in a table , the bar chart need to be refreshed with a different set of values based on the values in the selected row. Like wise when bar chart is clicked the line chart needs to be refreshed with selected context information selected in bar chart.

How can we achieve this in grafana. Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

That’s currently not supported. You may be able to solve it using multiple dashboards.

@mefraimsson
Please tell us more about the alternative you suggested.

Using the table panel you can render columns/cells as links which would allow you to navigate to other dashboard with certain template variable pre-populated.

Anybody find a good resource for this? I don’t think that multiple dashboards is a preferred approach (causing additional administration tasks when updates are needed). A single dashboard with panel to panel interactivity is highly desirable!!!

Surprised there isn’t more demand for this. Here’s my use case:
I have a dash with multiple panels. One of those panels is a gauge that indicates the current throttle for workers. The value is dynamic, but since I’m staring at the dashboard anyway, I’d love to be able to grab the gauge and change the value. If I had a magic wand, I would have inputs trigger a simple webhook.

Well shoot. Looks like someone developed this back in 2017 but Grafana never accepted it. Now it’s super out of date.

I suppose it’ll be easy enough to whip up my own based on the official example. If it works out, I’ll share the widget.

Hi,

did you have any success with this? I have a similar requirement.