Hot reload Grafana to pick up new administration config

I’m using Grafana in a container. Is it possible for Grafana to pick up new configurations without restart?

There is a note right on the top of this page saying that we need to restart: Configuration | Grafana Labs

I don’t really want to restart the Grafana container. Prometheus has an alternative which is a POST endpoint to /-/reload. I’m not sure if Grafana has one.

There was this old post asking the same thing (Can grafana reload configuration changes without restart) but it was closed. I wonder if this is implemented or not. Because the last reply on that thread points to some APIs that are not relevant at all in my opinon. Or am I wrong?

Many thanks.

Hi @nguyenlam1997

Hot reloading is a very desirable feature, and I believe implementation is coming. For instance, with the new plugin catalog feature, which is still in beta, you can install plugins from the UI and they are hot-reloaded w/o a restart.

I’m hoping that hot-reloading is expanded to other admin and config areas as well

in the meantime, yes, you need to reload grafana for many config options to take effect.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.