Formatting Currency without abbreviation

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    8.0.5 - Latest from https://hub.docker.com/r/grafana/grafana

• What are you trying to achieve?
    To output a currency value as the full value, without abbreviation, a currency symbol and thousand commas for readability. I would like like $53,456.75 instead of $53.46K or $53456.75 or 53,456.75

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I’ve tried getting the units to:

• Currency / Dollar ($) - this gives you the abbreviated version which is no good for reporting.
    • prefix:$ - this gives you an unabbreviated version but without the commas, making large numbers hard to read.
    • Misc / Locale Format - this gives you the unabbreviated version with the commas but no currency sign.
1 Like

Anyone got any input on this at all? Can’t believe I’m the only one trying to achieve this. Thanks.

2 Likes

interesting @andrewdixon,

I can confirm your steps. Doesn’t seem to be a way to combine the full + commas of locale with the $ of prefix:$.

I think this should get reported as a bug so that the frontend squads can have a proper discussion about it.

@mattabrams Submitted as requested Formatting Currency without abbreviation · Issue #37838 · grafana/grafana · GitHub

2 Likes

fantastic, thank you. I’ll keep an eye on the issue; curious to hear the input from the frontend squad :+1:

thank you. I need this too

Any news about this topic?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.