Data refreshes faster by clicking manually on the refresh button

Hi guys,

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Version 8.2.5 on Windows 10

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I have a dashboard displaying a monitoring of some timeseries data from a postgresql / timescaledb database.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I have a java simulation which sends data through OPC UA to a gateway and gets stored then in a postgresql / timescaledb. This data I want to show as fast as possible on the dashboard. I changed the config so that the dashboard gets refreshed every 1s.

• What happened?
    The data on the dashboard takes sometimes long time to show the actual data (+8s). On each panel i can see the refreshing symbol. But when I click the refreshing symbol manually, the panels show immediately the actual data.

How comes the manually refreshing is “faster” than the automatic one every 1s?

Cheers

I’m wondering if the last queries are getting aborted due to not completing yet by the time the next one fires off a second later, but since you said they immediately show new data when manually refreshing then slow response times probably aren’t the issue.

But if it is, it may be solved by just changing to a slightly longer refresh to give it a bit more time to complete the requests. Does 2s work any better?

Thanks for the answer @dczysz . It seems to improve with 2s, still sometimes it occurs that one panel takes longer to actualize and once i click on refresh the actual number gets shown immediately. Though it is better now

1 Like