Graph panels loading is getting slower each day as the database gets filled with data

Hi There

My Following installation is as follows:

• Grafana 7.3.6
    -Datasource : MySQL
    -Windows Server 2019
    -4 vCores Machine with 8Gb of RAM

-A table with 8 columns in the database that a gets new row with numerical values each 10 seconds arranged with respect to a date/time index (Time Series Data)

In Grafana I have 2 Graph panels that are plotting 2 columns with respect to time.

My Problem is as follows:

The graph panels in the dashboard displays the “Last 1 Hour” data.
as the database is empty in the beginning the displayed last 1 hour is updated successfully each time I log on to the dashboard to see the data. after about 2-3 days of operation the database gets filled up with data and the dashboard starts to load slower and slower each day until after about 5 days the dashboard can take up 40-60 seconds to update the graphs (and sometime it doesn’t update completely) .I also noticed that the server’s CPU starts to spike.

In each time I recall the last 1 hour of data which means the number of rows returned each time from the query is the same. so why it takes longer when the database has a higher number of total rows ?

My Query is as follows:
SELECT
timecolumn AS “time”,
value1
FROM table
WHERE
value2 = 1113
ORDER BY timecolumn

Notice: the refresh time of the dashboard is irrelevant I tried to set it off and refresh on demand, the time it takes to refresh the graph is the same.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.