What is the best way to add Nagios as a Datasource in Grafana

Hi,
I am trying to find the bet way to present Nagios data in Grafana.
I have a grafana puling metrics from multiple sources (prometheus and Influx).
I have recently been asked to add the Nagios metrics to the same grafana to reduce the places people need to monitor for metrics/monitoring/alerting.
I read that this can be done with a PNP pluggin, something called nagflux, or by using collectd to push the data to a graphite data source.

what is considered the best way to do this?.. is anyone aware of any guides/articles i can read to get me started?

thanks
Joe

1 Like

Did you find it? I’m with the same doubt…

no i still don’t have a decent solution for this

@milesjoe09 @cyberphantom
since I do not see a Nagios plugin you might have to capture data maybe via the nagios api? Can you provide sample data (obfuscated) you want to plot in grafan in the format the nagios api returns it? Since we might not have nagios to test this on, you providing the data will help us help you.

Also which kind of visualization do you want to use

Given this data from nagios documentation

{
    "C:|": {
        "used_percent": [
            "%"
        ],
        "used": [
            "GiB"
        ],
        "opts": "rw,fixed",
        "total_size": [
            "GiB"
        ],
        "fstype": "NTFS",
        "free": [
            "GiB"
        ],
        "device_name": [
            "C:\\"
        ]
    }
}

using JSON API data source to capture this data from rest api

using the following json extraction

Using Bar Charts you get this

can u please give the steps to integrate nagios and grafana

@pavangowdaa4267 welcome to the community, and please be careful with using old posts to make your questions. It’ll mess up the old things asked at the time with the current software version.

Helping you out, there’s no oficial integration between Nagios and Grafana. Then there’s no oficial “step by step” tutorial.

So you should search an see hows your Nagios installation and version and look arround for 3 options:

The best option would be the one that works for you. Nagios is pretty old, and the versions of it are pretty damn inconsistent. Always changing something important on the core for the integrations, so there’s not a good “go for it recipe”.

Good luck.

(I’ll close this topic since it’s pretty old. After you tried the above options, if there’s any question on your tries, feel free to open a new topic explaining how you’re trying and what’s not working)

1 Like