Nagios XI & Grafana Integration

Hi Forum. There seems to be plenty of documentation around getting Nagios Core graphs into Grafana. But nothing about Nagios XI…

Is it possible to get Nagios XI graphs into Grafana if Grafana is hosted on it’s own standalone server? I have it working using PNP4Nagios with Grafana installed locally on my one of my Naigos XI servers. But I want to host Grafana on it’s own server where we will be pulling into data from two instance of Nagios and Azure… Azure is working but I cannot get Nagios graphs into Grafana and am totally stuck.

I am in a catch 22 with this, if I don’t get an operational POC up and running I am not going to get corporate sign off to purchase Grafana Enterprise. but without Grafana Enterprise there is very little support for this platform. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

This is over a few years old, any feedback here?

Hello. there is any news about this? to integrate Grafana With Nagios XI ?

Does this version of nagios provide any rest api?

yes. nagios XI 5.x support rest api

Can you post a sample data payload returned by that api and does it require user name/pwd or token?

Looks like one jas to install Nagios to access the docu

All of the documentation is available inside of the Nagios XI product via the Help menu. In the left pane you will find the section REST API Docs .

Using the docu help for nagios api

Could you please provide the steps / process doc

It was a while vack and I no longer have Nagios installed, sorry

Just use the rest api documentation and then feed that api to grafana using infinity plugin to get the json data from the api url

1 Like