Using Grafana from my Home

Hello people! I have a question! The fact is that I have installed Grafana in my Raspberry Pi, it works fine and actually I can see my data bases from MySQL over there! Im having a trouble with the server. The server its in my office (where I go to work) and I want to get access to that web server from my home.

The question is, how can I get access to grafana raspberry Pi dashboard from my home?

Thanks!

My discord if you want to reply me there gabob1457 #8186

One way is to use a VPN to give you access to your office network. If your office does not provide a VPN then you can run one on the pi. If you work for a Company, however, they may have a view about that. However it is fairly easy to run a VPN on a Pi
http://blog.clanlaw.org.uk/pi-vpn-server.html

1 Like

Hello clanlaw! Can I do that via Wifi? I mean, the raspberry pi is working with the wifi, not with ethernet.

It makes no difference.

1 Like

Ok clanlaw! Thanks for the advice! Also, I have a little trouble installing the vpn on this step “sudo ./easyrsa sign-req server server” it tells me this “Unknown cert type ‘server’”

Which version of raspian are you running?
What does the command
lsb_release -a
show?

No LSB modules are available.
ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster
Something like this

That’s very odd then, I don’t have that problem on mine. Did you accept the default setting on the line above?

1 Like

The default settings you meant to press enter right? Without typing anything? O.o

Yep, it stills telling me this "cert type “server”, do you have a discord account clanlaw¡?

Yes. Go back to the pki-init and repeat those steps, just in case there was a mis-type. Unfortunately I am away from home at the moment and my Buster pi is not powered up so I can’t re-check. I haven’t had anyone else report a problem, but I only updated the blog for Buster a couple of weeks ago so it is not impossible there is an error there. As I said I am away so won’t be able to check for a week or so. You could do some googling and see if you can work out what the problem is.

@gabob1457 I cannot replicate the issue so far. Is it still not working for you?

@gabob1457 does the lack of reply mean that you have solved the problem, lost interest, or possibly you have not seen it? If there is a problem with the instructions I want to fix it.

Hello! clanlaw! I couldnt create that vpn to the raspberry and also I didnt have to use it xD but thank you very much! I have another question, is grafana a web server?