Unable to open more than 2 instances of Grafana URL

Hi All,

I have installed Grafana on my Amazon linux machine.HTTPS is configured for the Grafana login URL.SOme times i am unable to open the URL. some times i am unable to open the URL in laptop, but opening in my system. What might be the issue??
There is no network issue as i am able to open the URL in laptop ,but cannot in PC.SOme times able to open in PC but not in laptop.

Is there any issue with Grafana configuration or Grafana is having any thing like only limited no of connections are available.

1 Like

Hi,

Grafana has no limitations of number of connections. Are you using same browser on laptop and PC? What is the response/error you get when it fails?

Marcus

Hi mefraimsson,

I am using the same chrome browser in both PC and laptop.
I have tried with other browsers also.
I am getting “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” when Grafana URL failed to load in the browser, at the same time i am able to open in another system.
I have tried telnet and ping, URL is able to access data,no issues with network.

I came across one setting in the grafana config file under [database] settings

Max idle conn setting default is 2

;max_idle_conn = 2

Max conn setting default is 0 (mean not set)

;max_open_conn =

here max_conn is 2, is this causing any issue?

Hi,

Please check grafana server log when you get a ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Then paste it here. Possibly also enable debug logging.

If.you haven’t changed the database connection settings and using the default it shouldn’t be any problems.

Marcus

Here is the log captured when URL didnt opened…

t=2018-03-11T05:05:46-0700 lvl=info msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=0 orgId=0 uname= method=GET path=/login status=302 remote_addr=172.17.12.23 time_ms=11 size=24 referer=

Another error also i am seeing

t=2018-03-10T19:10:14-0800 lvl=info msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=0 orgId=0 uname= method=POST path=/login status=401 remote_addr=172.17.12.29 time_ms=2 size=42 referer=https://******login

That seems related to authentication. What authentication settings are you using?

Marcus

I am using basic authentication for Grafana.
Currently only one user is configured in Grafana(admin).
Is there any thing like we cant open Grafana in two systems with same credentials?

My grafana.ini file authentication setting…

default admin user, created on startup

admin_user = admin

default admin password, can be changed before first start of grafana, or in profile settings

admin_password = password

I have changed the credentials on start.