The Panel Title Is Not Centered

@grant2 I specifically meant the issue with the menu always showing in mobile devices, that has been removed. As for the center option: we haven’t made any changes and although we don’t have a definite answer to this, it’s also not in our current plans. At the moment we’re keeping and eye and analysing the feedback we’re getting.

Then please hear my plea for a centered option. I observe my eyes searching for a centered heading. Placing it on the left, where a graph with y-axis, labels and axis title is already relatively busy makes it difficult to quickly grasp the information. I would scan a dashboard for the chart of interest (centered title) and then check the content of the plot.

2 Likes

i using grafana for data analytics, my problem is after updating grafana cloud the panel title is not centered, making it unsightly.

please give left or center align option menu panel title. i need title panel in center :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

+one more vote to add choice for alignment

I’ve always admired Metabase for allowing high customization of charts, but this is a “punch below the belt”. The left alignment is quite ugly when using the time series panel, as the title text will coincide with the Y axis values.

1 Like

I’ve signed up just to say that I too would like to have the option to centre the title.

1 Like

Please give us an alignment option for the panel title.

Having the panel title centered is so much easier to read when you have multiple panels repeating on a row and on larger screens, especially for those of us who’ve been using Grafana for a good few years and are used to the default/old centered panel title.

Ideally, have a default setting that would apply to all dashboards, unless overridden for a specific panel (or entire dashboard?)

I don’t relish the thought of having to manually update every dashboard when/if we get an alignment option !

2 Likes

+1

PLEASE provide an option to customise alignment of the header. This change has made our system so much less readable…

Stat panels and repeated rows are particularly affected as others have pointed out…

2 Likes

I’ll have to downgrade before 9.5. Probably such “features” should be introduced with adjustment options or at least with community discussion. Seems like nobody considers it as a “feature”, but a bug.

1 Like

I consider it as a good feature (but anoying at first sight). I guess there will be the same user resistance if the panel title has left alignment from the start and then 10 years later will be introduced feature to have centered panel title by default.

+1
looks ugly,
its a backward step to previous…
i spent 15mins searching for how to do it …

pls just make it configurable.

1 Like

+1
In fact, very unnecessary design adjustments that nobody needs. I mean, that looks terrible.

1 Like

+1
Please can we have the option to centre the title of panels. (which seemed to be the default on previous versions?)

1 Like

Hi, I join the others - please let the users decide where they want to put the title bar. As they say 100 people = 100 tastes. Everyone has different tastes and that’s how it should be.

@Grafana dev: Please bring this back / add a custom option. :pray:

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am here to chime in for a option to center titles of charts. I work on 4K 27 inch screens, and the charts become very wide, and it’s very annoying to look to the far left each time. I really dislike it. So please make this an option.

1 Like

Left side is not a good choice. Important information and text should be close to the natural field of view center.
I don’t mind it being the default but there should be an option to choose between left, center or even right. I use it in six smarthome setups for friends and every one of them complained.

@Dev
So hopefully you will consider adding an option for the title alignment.
And it would be really nice being able to hide the three dots somehow (i.e. if dashboard is readonly).
Thank you for your work on Grafana :slight_smile: it’s a solid product.

1 Like

please, we need panel title to be centerized

1 Like

I’m thinking about downgrading to v9 where titles were centered. Has anyone tried downgrading?

@here

Just a short update. This is still in discussion by the Engineers and soon there will a blogpost which contains more information about it.

I kindly ask for your patience :pray:

Thank you.

Thank you for the update, I really want to upgrade to Grafana version 10 but the panel title is not centered because I use Grafana to create data visualizations, this really requires the panel title to be centered.

I’m still using version 9.x

@here

Ok, this is not a clean solution (more of a hacky workaround) but it will do the job temporarily :wink:

I found out that there are some invisible characters available and found this website.

Here are the steps I did to move the title position away from the fixed Left. (Please open this .GIF in a new browser tab for better visibility)

hacky-workaround

This workaround is better than using the spacebar as that leaves “_________” lines.

I hope this helps in the :pray: