SQLite database file in grafana container logs

i have monitoring stack pod , where its going in crashloopbackoff error and when i checked logs for failed conatiner which is grafana conatiner i am getting this BELOW warning message in logs

"lvl=warn msg="SQLite database file has broader permissions than it should" path=/var/lib/grafana/grafana.db mode=-rw-rw---- expected=-rw-r-----"

1 Like

@usman.ahmad my grafana container is in crashloopbackoff state so iam not able to enter inside container how can we resolve this error?

Hi @letv2bunny,

Please review the submission template and include more details:

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
  • What is your datasource?
  • What visualization panel you are using e.g. time-series, bar chart, histogram etc?
  • What are you trying to achieve?
  • How are you trying to achieve it?
  • What happened?
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
  • Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

were you able to resolve the issue, for the “Kube-Prometheus-stack” helm chart, I also see the same error.
logger=sqlstore t=2023-09-11T10:13:56.997940355Z level=warn msg=“SQLite database file has broader permissions than it should” path=/var/lib/grafana/grafana.db mode=-rwxrwxrwx expected=-rw-r-----

Hi @sureshkachwa

This is a warn message not an error so everything should work fine.

The warning message says it clearly that the SQLite DB has more permissions granted than it should be.

Since this helm chart “kube-prometheus-stack” (I believe this is the right link) is not owned directly by grafana-helm chart repo.

Therefore, the suggestion would be to open an issue at their GitHub repo so that they can fix it.