Recurrent issue: "The Dashboards has been changed by someone else"

Hi,

Usually when trying to update a Dashboard via JSON Model I get this error message:

"The dashboard has been modified by another user"

Despite not having inconsistencies in the JSON data.

Can you please let me know if I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks.

2 Likes

What version of Grafana are you using?

If you are using a recent version, then Grafana checks to see if someone else has saved changes to the dashboard you are working on. If yes, then it displays the message so that you can either choose to override their changes with yours or not.

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m using Grafana v7.0.3 (00ee734baf).

I’m not getting that confirmation message. It just randomly gives the error, even when I haven’t made changes. It’s very hard to deal with since I’m trying to load some new panels and most of the time it won’t let me submit JSON Model changes.

Regards,

Hi,

Try and clear your browser cookies it might help.

Good luck

Thanks Wlargou,

Unfortunatelly I keep getting the error message.

Is it only happening if updating the JSON Model ? if you edit components in the dashboard, does it work ?

Exactly, it is only happening when updating the JSON Model

1 Like

Perhaps upgrade to 7.3, see if you keep getting the issue.

I met the same problem with Grafana v7.3.5 (11f305f88a) when copying the dashboard JSON from one Grafana to another, resolved with the following steps:

1. keep the dashboard id the same or null
  2. keep the dashboard uid the same or null

After saving changes, you can find a new loaded dashboard in the dashboard list

4 Likes

Had the same issue where it only happened with the dashboard JSON. Fixed mine by recopying the JSON from the dashboard, editing it and pasting it back in.

Hope it helps.

Right at the end of the JSON, you will see a parameter : “version”:

If you change that version number in your backup JOSN to match the current version number, it works.

14 Likes

This worked. Thanks!

I confirm this worked to me too, thanks!