Raspberry Pi Internet Speed Monitor

I’ve followed this walkthrough but I cannot seem to get it figured out. When I create a new query for a panel, the measurement “internet_speed” will not show up

Have you selected the proper database for the query? I’ve got a bunch of sources that I use and on more than one occasion when I’ve created a new panel I’ve forgotten to select the correct database.

If that’s not the case, then it could be that the data isn’t making it into the Influx database. I’m no influx expert, but assuming that the db is running on the local machine, I’d try something like this:

InfluxDB shell version: 1.6.4
> show databases
name: databases
name
----
_internal
internetspeed
scratch
> 

If internetspeed isn’t there, you’d need to figure out why. If it is there, then try this:

> use internetspeed
Using database internetspeed
> show measurements
name: measurements
name
----
internet_speed

If internet_speed doesn’t show up but the database is there, I’d guess that the db got created but the data isn’t getting there.

If it is there but you don’t see it in grafana, double-check to make sure that you’ve got the data source configured correctly.

So the databases ‘internetspeed’ is there but the measurement 'internet_speed is not there. So where do I need to look to get the data to show up there. Do I need to make the python script from that link executable?