apiVersion: 1

apps:
  - type: grafana-piechart-panel
    org_id: 1
  - type: grafana-polystat-panel
  - type: briangann-gauge-panel

When I build my Docker image other provisioned items such as dashboards, notifiers and datasources load OK, but the plugins to do not - I get the following exception:

t=2021-02-11T20:45:09+0000 lvl=dbug msg="Looking for plugin provisioning files" logger=provisioning.plugins path=/etc/grafana/provisioning/plugins
t=2021-02-11T20:45:09+0000 lvl=dbug msg="Parsing plugin provisioning file" logger=provisioning.plugins path=/etc/grafana/provisioning/plugins file.Name=all.yml
t=2021-02-11T20:45:09+0000 lvl=dbug msg="Validating plugins" logger=provisioning.plugins
service init failed: app provisioning error: app plugin not installed: grafana-piechart-panel

Any ideas? I have tried both on a company VPN and off the VPN, no difference.

The provisioning/plugins path is only used for installing and enabling “app” plugins like this one redis-app

The docs for plugin provisioning need to be updated, it does read like any plugin can be installed this way, when it really means “how to configure an installed plugin.”

For installing “panel” plugins, there are a few options:

• using grafana-cli plugins install pluginname
  • using the environment variable “GF_INSTALL_PLUGINS” with a comma separated list of any type of plugin (panel, datasource, app)
  • adding them to the grafana.ini [plugins] section.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply. I’ll try out the other mechanisms you mention to see if I can “provision” the plugins I need that way.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.