Provision public dashboards

How can I provision a public dashboard and keep the url of the dashboard the same over multiple environments (like acceptance and production)?

Hi @edwardkuenen,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

Not this is currently not possible for the Public dashboard.

This definitely sounds like a feature request and for that, the best place is to use our GitHub Discussions where you can open it using this link.

Define your use case (like you had defined here) and try to provide as much detail as possible to get more upvotes and attention from the community and the engineers.

Once you created the request, paste here the link so that we can also add more detail to it.

I hope this helps.

I am a little disappointed to find this post as I was looking for the same feature…

1 Like

Hi,
Waiting a real solution a workaround may be done by using the Grafana API after the provision process.

You can enable a Public Dashboard by sending this kind of request with anadmin account and the dashbord uid:

curl -u admin:XXXXX -XPOST ‘http://localhost:3000/api/dashboards/uid/YYYYYYYYYY/public-dashboards’ -H ‘content-type: application/json’ --data-raw ‘{“isEnabled”:true}’

The result json give you the id of the public dashboard in the accessToken field.

Regards,
Damien