- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
Docker Grafana 8.1.0 image.
- What are you trying to achieve?
I have a set of dashboards and datasources that I have been able to successfully provision as apart of my docker container. I am embedding these dashboards into a web application. I am permitting “anonymous” access to allow viewing of these dashboards. However, one of these dashboards we want to have only accessible to the “admin” grafana user. The main goal is to have the dashboards and their permissions be provisionable.
- How are you trying to achieve it?
I have a json file for each dashboard and I have my datasources defined in a yaml file. Using docker-compose I map these into the appropriate places and build my container. After starting the container I am modifying the permissions through the GUI interface and am exporting the JSON model for the dashboard and updating my source controlled JSON files that I use in the provision process.
- What happened?
The datasources and dashboards are there, however, the permissions are not stored in the JSON model, so it seems.
- What did you expect to happen?
To export the dashboard model with the saved permissions.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?