Multiple time series in concatenated fields influxdb2

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana V9.05 on Raspberry pi 3 a+ running ubuntu server 64x arm

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I’m trying to make a easy viewable table from data from 3 different readings (temperature, air pressure and humidity) from 2 different sensors

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I copied query from Influxdb2 and put it in a table in Grafana and under transformations I choose concatenate fields

• What happened?

I get time reading before each measurement and it’s taking too much space and its totally pointless… I have tried putting time readings at the end but it still makes the table too big since they are all the same and I need only one of them

• What did you expect to happen?
    I need only one time stamp for each row

Influxdb query looks like this:

from(bucket: "test")
  |> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop)
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_measurement"] == "${merilec}" )
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_field"] == "humidity" or r["_field"] == "pressure" or r["_field"] == "temperature")
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["senzor"] == "crn" or r["senzor"] == "rdec")
  |> aggregateWindow(every: v.windowPeriod, fn: mean, createEmpty: false)
  |> yield(name: "mean")

I would really appriciate some help :smiley:
thanks in advance

It would appear you have built 4 streams of data using the Flux query. I believe if your timestamps in each stream (table) match, then you can do a join() on the timestamp, but I am not sure. Maybe start with this video if you have not already seen it.

PS: Basically, my approach would be to work on the query, and leave out Grafana transformations. I too get frustrated with trying to work them out to my liking and prefer to just address it in the Flux query if possible.

So if I’m understanding correctly it’d be better to have muliple querys for each of the measurements? and then I should join them on time so I get only one table?
Also if I don’t concatenate querys then I get select pane with only name “raspberry” like 6 times because I have 2 sensors and 3 measurements for each one of them and I cant append name of measurement and sensor name so it would be like:
raspberry1 humidity crn
raspberry1 temperature crn
raspberry1 pressure crn
raspberry1 humidity rdec
raspberry1 temperature rdec
raspberry1 pressure rdec

here is a photo of how it looks without concantation:

that right there is very unpractical for anything

I managed to achieve this by making 6 different quarries and outer joining them by time

see the result:

I only wish there was a way to change those column names now to :
$merilec (variable name) temperaure crn
$merilec (variable name) humidity crn
$merilec (variable name) temperaure rdec
$merilec (variable name) humidity rdec

1 Like

maybe more tips with influxdb query and grafana :

You can reformat column name with label to field transformation (to unwrap it),
and override the names with organize transformation
and since is all about your rashberry 3 you could use $merilec to name the table panel

@skvarcmatevz Nice job. Can you post your Flux query just in case others have this issue in the future?

sure… I just made 6 of them switching field (temperature, pressure, humidity) and sensor so each of crn and rdec have those 3:
Query a:

|> filter(fn: (r) =>  r["_measurement"] == "${merilec}" and r["_field"] == "pressure" and r["senzor"] == "crn")
      |>yield(name: "kind")

Query B:

|> filter(fn: (r) => r["_measurement"] == "${merilec}" and r["_field"] == "temperature" and r["senzor"] == "crn")

etc…
and then under transform I selected outer join by time like so:

Hello @skvarcmatevz,

You can definitely get close enough sometimes with flux in the backend without having to “bother” the client side with this “post-processing” by using transformations.

With your original query, try adding the following after the ‘aggregation’ line:

|> map(fn: (r) => ({ r with 
    _field: strings.joinStr(arr: [r._measurement, r._field, r.senzor], v: "_")  
  }))
  |> keep(columns: ["_time", "_measurement", "_field", "_value"])
  |> schema.fieldsAsCols()
  1. Field names
    I used strings.joinStr() here through the map() function in order to rename each field in the way I think you wanted them…joined by underscores ‘_’. So with this you should hopefully get field names like: “raspberry3_temperature_crn” and so on…
  1. One time stamp for each row
    Later I used schema.fieldsAsCols() in order to transform everything into 1 table by flipping all the _field name values in to column names against the _time column.

Btw, these 2 functions need their own library, so add them in the beginning.
Here’s what it could look like in 1 whole flux-query:

import "strings"
import "influxdata/influxdb/schema"

|> filter(fn: (r) => r["_measurement"] == "${merilec}" )
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_field"] == "humidity" or r["_field"] == "pressure" or r["_field"] == "temperature")
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["senzor"] == "crn" or r["senzor"] == "rdec")
  |> map(fn: (r) => ({ r with 
    _field: strings.joinStr(arr: [r._measurement, r._field, r.url], v: "_")  
  }))
  |> keep(columns: ["_time", "_measurement", "_field", "_value"])
  |> schema.fieldsAsCols()

Maybe it’s not needed anymore, but let me know if it works when you get a chance.