Issue with Dashboard moved from Grafana 4.5.2 to 5.0.2/3

I’m in the process of migrating from graphite 0.9.12 to 1.1.2 and grafana 4.5.2 to 5.0.2 (updated to 5.0.3 today). I have a dashboard that uses variables.

Moving the dashboard to the new graphite server, I get “Templating init failed [object Object]” when loading the dashboard. The issue seems to be in one of the template variables.

I have $Campaign as “stats.counters.pog.prod.event.*” which works fine
I have $Event as “stats.counters.pog.prod.event.$Campaign.*” which gives an error of “Template variables could not be initialized: undefined”.

On grafana 4.5.2, both variables render properly. There’s probably 200 items in Campaign and a max of 19 items in the $Event variable.

I’m not sure where the breakage is, but the exact same dash works fine on Grafana 4.5.2 against the same data.

I did not log a github ticket as the first step is recommended to ask here. If you need any more information, or have questions, please let me know.

Thank you!`

`

Replying to my own issue. The problem was that gunicorn needed to have the limit-request-line parameter increased from its default of 4094. Dashboard is working properly now.

1 Like