Invalid plugin id when submitting a plugin

Hello,

I am trying to submit a plugin via Grafana Cloud.

I published the plugin on GitHub and created a release version to get a .zip file.

I paste the link to the .zip and the MD5 checksum and try to submit, but I get the error:

“grafana invalid plugin id”

I tried adding my Grafana Cloud name to the plugin id as mentioned in the documentation.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like your plugin id has an invalid format. A plugin id needs to have the following format:

<grafana_cloud_username>-<plugin_name>-<plugin_type>

For example, grafana-singlestat-panel. You can omit the plugin name part, but you cannot have more than 2 hyphens, -, in your id.

You can also check your plugin in the plugin validator if you want more information.

Thank you for your quick response.

The plugin validator was really helpful and after a few attempts I got it to work.

1 Like

Great to hear! There’s also a command-line version available here that lets you check your archive before publishing it. Note that there are two CLIs in that repository: plugincheck and plugincheck2. The former is used by the web version, but the latter is what we run when you submit your plugin on Grafana Cloud (we haven’t gotten to update the web version yet).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.