How to get Grafana Alert Tab for panels beside Graph Panel?

Good Evening Everyone!

I am very new to Grafana plugin development, but I have been playing around with it and learning as much as I can.

I was wondering if it was possible to enable the Alert Tab for Grafana Panels? I read on the grafana docs that currently only the graph panel has alerting capabilities. But I also saw that the alerting tab can be enabled when developing a custom backend datasource plugin? (Which I have tried, but failed to see it enabled for any plugins)

I am currently using Influx DB as a datasource for the work I am doing, but was hoping to create custom panel plugins and have alerting capabilities for them through the Grafana alert tab within the panel options.

I have looked to see if such a thing was possible, but I just could not find anything with regards to it. So I came here to ask, is such a thing possible? And if so, how can it be done?

Thank you,
Sadiq

Hi @sadiqssarwar - good question. Unfortunately that alerting tab for data sources would only work with alerts for that data source on graph panels. Grafana team is actively working on improvements to the alerting system so this may change in future releases. You can check in on milestones to see what’s coming up for the next couple of releases: Milestones - grafana/grafana · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.