How to expose grafana dashboard with the new Public Dashboard option

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

MACOS with grafana 9.2.5

• What are you trying to achieve?

exposing my custom dashboard outside my network

• How are you trying to achieve it?

with the new Public Dashboard option

• What happened?

it correctly generates an URL but it points to my localhost:

http://grafana.staged-by-discourse.com/d/4THOPTO4k/mia-dash-di-prova?orgId=1&from=1669011841920&to=1669033441920

I can’t send this link outside my network because the url refers to my localhost not their… i don’t have a public IP neither.

• What did you expect to happen?

i expected a link with an url hosted “somewhere” so i could open it on Chome and see my dashboard

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

just enabled the public dashboard in the grafana.ini and it works but only inside my network

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

no errors, just localhost unreachable outside network as it should be

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

thank you in advance for your help, I would like to access a dashboard from the internet also using my own web domain on which the dashboard is “exposed”.
If you have any links or guides to follow I would be deeply grateful

1 Like

welcome to the :grafana: community forum @as87ita

you could consider creating a snapshot of your dashboard and publish it at snapshots.raintank.io (free service provided by Grafana Labs that enables you to publish dashboard snapshots to an external Grafana instance)

More info here.

Well, found this thread very late, but i have same issue here.
Have also reported a similar question here:

But up to now no answer, no help.

Creating a public dashboard sounds very easy, but obviously we are both doing something wrong? Or did you get a solution already?

Same problem.

I am a bit stunned that is is so difficult. Making a public dashboard for a self hosted instance of grafana should be one button click.

So frustrating.