How do you play a video in Grafana?

I am trying to embed an MP4 into a Grafana dashboard on an Ubuntu 18.04 server. I have entered this into the “text” dashboard in HTML mode.

<video width="320" height="240" controls autoplay loop>
  <source src="/home/testing/Downloads/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

This shows the controls but does not show the video. When I put the same code in an html page on its own, however, the video shows as expected.

I have also placed a video in /var/www/html but this fails to show too.

What am I doing wrong here?

Hello fajgeddes! This is related to the breaking changes introduced in 6.0. The text panel does no longer by default allow unsantizied HTML. #4117. This means that if you have text panels with scripts tags they will no longer work as before. To enable unsafe javascript execution in text panels enable the settings disable_sanitize_html under the section panels in your Grafana ini file, or set env variable GF_PANELS_DISABLE_SANITIZE_HTML=true.

But the video tag is native HTML5 - why would that have been broken?

I can now play the video, but it does not loop as it is supposed to. What am I doing wrong now?

Honestly, I am not sure. I have tested this now on Chrome, Safari and Firefox and loop works for me on all browsers.

hi fajgeddes,
how did you play the video in grafana, I tried the with same video tag with type ogg
and also did GF_PANELS_DISABLE_SANITIZE_HTML=true
but video was not playing