Adding Video/Stream to Dashboard

I want to add a video stream to Dashboard metrics that I will setup as a Kiosk display.

Is it possible to add the stream URL to something like the singlestat like a graphic?

Not but you can use the text panel in html mode and specify your video component there

Understand this thread is a bit dated but I’m wondering if anyone has successfully embedded a live video feed into a text panel. My use case is to embed a traffic camera feed from NYC. For example:
http://dotsignals.org/google_popup.php?cid=512

i implemented a live camera feed from a security camera we had on the premises. it worked fine.

Hi rmjames–could you provide some details around how you accomplished this? Thanks!

yeah. on the html part of the screen, I entered the stream URL of the feed. I can cut and paste for you what i did in another email

if I add a new text panel then under the options tab select html in the mode pull down then in the content window enter the URL: dotsignals.org/google_popup.php?cid=512

I just get the URL in the text panel, no live video

1 Like

This is the exact paste i use

1 Like

Has Live video embedding example(image snapshot).

This is not solution for RSTP stream.

Any way to add rtsp:// stream to dashboard?

I have tried to use the text panel in html mode with the YouTube embed code but it just outputs the code. What do I need to do to show a YouTube video?

As mentioned in the thread below, this is related to the breaking changes introduced in 6.0. The text panel does no longer by default allow unsantizied HTML. #4117. This means that if you have text panels with scripts tags they will no longer work as before. To enable unsafe javascript execution in text panels enable the settings disable_sanitize_html under the section panels in your Grafana ini file, or set env variable GF_PANELS_DISABLE_SANITIZE_HTML=true . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi - were you ever able to get RSTP streams working in dashboard?

You can only show stuff in the browser that the browser knows how to show. As far as I am aware no current browsers understand rtsp, so that will not work. It is nothing to do with Grafana. If you want to show video you will first have to convert it to a format that the browser can display using something like ffmpeg.

Nope. No way :frowning:

after a bit of reading on rtsp in html I realised this. Thanks for your reply.

I would like to do the exact opposite: I have a multiwindow CCTV monitor (using a normal NVR which displays 9 livecam RTSP streams via HDMI on a big TV) and I would like to watch my Grafana dashboard in one of the video windows, so I need to somehow stream it by RTSP so I can add that URI to the NVR, so that it thinks it’s an IP camera feed. Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

1 Like

You can use vlc to transcode a remote screen over rtsp, and then add a new ip camera to your NVR.
You can also use a Virtual Machine that runs your browser and app on it, and vlc transcoding to stream all in a headless process (you set your virtual machine over remote desktop or vnc)

Another option is to use the HTML plugin. It allows you to insert the necessary HTML to accomplish this task.

There are a plugin to this: https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/innius-video-panel
This solution works fine to me: https://grafana.com/blog/2019/10/29/how-to-set-up-this-next-level-personal-home-dashboard-in-your-kitchen/