- How does one hide a column in the table panel via the user interface?
- using Grafana v8.0.2 (5c5d45e19f)
- This question is like Hide column in table v7.0 but v8.0 appears to have a different UI.
- This solution works, even though it is a work-around. Be sure to not have other windows of Grafana open when trying to save the panel and dashboard, otherwise the changes might not persist.
- Select panel title → Inspect → Panel JSON
- Set “type” to "table-old"
- The visualization should now appear as Table (old) and in the right side will appear Column Styles
- Column Styles → Options → Name pattern set the name of the column to hide
Type → Hidden
Use transformation named “organize fields”
Many thanks @torkel
Would using Transform → Filter by name also be an acceptable solution?
Need to keep this issue open.
The solution to revert to Old Tables in Grafana 8 is a kludge to give the simple capability to hide the time Y-axis.
This gives plenty of cause to roll back to Grafana 6 and stay there.
Just filter by name don’t stay consistent. Whenever I change time range from top right, filters get disturbed. Do you have example of regex can be used in transform > filter by name?