Grafana SQLite Plugin not working properly with Time Series Chart

Template information
What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

Grafana v.8.1.4 running on my Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (Running on Pi4). Grafana runs as a container on docker.

What are you trying to achieve?

I am trying to plot data from my SQLite-database to the Grafana Time Series Chart.

How are you trying to achieve it?

I am using the Grafana SQLite plugin to connect my SQLite database with Grafana. I am running Grafana as a container on docker, where I substituted the following flag to install the plugin:
-e "GF_INSTALL_PLUGINS=https://github.com/fr-ser/grafana-sqlite-datasource/releases/download/v2.1.1/frser-sqlite-datasource-2.1.1.zip;sqlite-datasource"
The query I used is as follows:
SELECT UnixTime, Open, High, Low, Close FROM Marketrecords
I have UnixTime set as the time formatted column.

What happened?

When the querry is run, it receives data. I can plot the data on a table or even inspect it with the query inspector or under the “explore” tab. So the data is, in fact, pulled - but somehow it’s not plotted on the time series panel. The Table-Panel, as well as the Gauge- and the Label-Panel all work as expected. See the screenshot:

What did you expect to happen?

I expected the Time Series Graph to plot the information querried.

Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

Sure, this is the panel json. You can see the query in it as well.

Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No errors received.

Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

No instructions followed so far. I just added the UnixTimestamp to my db and have been trying to use this as my time-column. It gets perceived as time-column, but it doesn’t change anything.

How do I get to plot the data on the Time Series Chart? :slight_smile:

FIXED

Solution: My UnixTimestamp was in miliseconds (e.g. 1635367500000). Grafana did not recognize this as a unix time stamp - so I divided it by 1000 et voila, it perfectly shows up now. I noticed that Grafana didn’t recognize my timestamp as I expected it to do when I looked at the query inspector, where it showed me that the timestamp was converted to a date in 1767… :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.