Grafana dashboard was working; now hangs

Hi all,

I had been running this Grafana dashboard (in v7.3.2) to monitor my Jitsi Meet server with no issues whatsoever for many weeks: Jitsi Metrics | Grafana Labs

Then yesterday, it started indefinitely hanging.

According to Chrome’s Dev Tools, the first two of these InfluxDB queries return quickly, then the next four remain pending indefinitely:

show tag values from "jitsi_stats" with key="host"
SELECT mean("conferences") FROM "jitsi_stats" WHERE ("host" =~ /^jitsi_host$/) AND time >= now() - 6h GROUP BY time(30s)
SELECT mean("largest_conference") FROM "jitsi_stats" WHERE ("host" =~ /^jitsi_host$/) AND time >= now() - 6h GROUP BY time(30s)
SELECT mean("rtt_aggregate") FROM "jitsi_stats" WHERE ("host" =~ /^jitsi_host$/) AND time >= now() - 6h GROUP BY time(30s) fill(none)
SELECT mean("jitter_aggregate") FROM "jitsi_stats" WHERE ("host" =~ /^jitsi_host$/) AND time >= now() - 6h GROUP BY time(30s) fill(none)
SELECT mean("total_conferences_created") FROM "jitsi_stats" WHERE ("host" =~ /^jitsi_host$/) AND time >= now() - 6h GROUP BY time(30s) fill(null)

All these queries return immediately from the CLI in influx, however.

Can anyone suggest how I could troubleshoot this? I tried dropping the database and recreating it; same result. The only thing I can think is that I’ve been creating new datasources, databases, dashboards, etc., and, at the time that I was possibly sending new data to an incorrect database (but not my Jitsi one), my Jitsi datasource was set as a default in Grafana. I’ve removed it as a default now, and have since recreated the database, as I said, so that shouldn’t be an issue now, even if it was, I’d assume.

But, yes, I’m so new to this, I’m having difficulty even generating theories to investigate. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

JJ

1 Like

Check out the thread I started on the issue, saw you posted there as well. For me it was a bug where stat panels that return null or 0 as a value is causing the whole dashboard to freeze.

2 Likes

Same Problem here, I click wait when the page hangs, panels load but one remains

It’s a Histogram with Bucket size like 0.000001 for micro value Worked for that but then changed the column in a variable and gone into infinite load

Need to get into the back of that dashboard and change the setting

This is a simple bug to be fixed by adding bucket size to override config actually