Grafana 8: gauges in tables not working anymore?

Hi, I had a table that filled some cells with a basic gauge based on the cell value. In Grafana 7 this worked well, but since the upgrade it does not anymore. This is on the standalone installation.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana 8, Ubunti 20.04 LTS

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Add a basic gauge in a table

• What happened?
    After upgrading to Grafana 8 the gauge we had disappeared.

• What did you expect to happen?
    For the gauge to remain there. This used to show a gauge (don’t have a screenshot).

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

Still having the same issue.

This is just a table from SQL Server with a cell set to display a basic gauge

What am I doing wrong?

Same here. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a v8 bug?
Screenshot 2021-07-15 144541

Same here after an upgrade from v7.5.5. to v8.0.6.
Solution/fix would be highly appreciated.

Just tested this again on Grafana version 8.1.0 which was released yesterday. Seems the bug is still there. Anybody that knows how to resolve this?

I’ve had to “downgrade” all my graphs and remote it. Would really be great if some developer could answer: are we doing something wrong (i.e. the mechanism was changed) or is it a known bug being worked on?

Looks like a bug, but a 30-second search didn’t show up anything on GitHub. Best report it there: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

I have opened a case for this in Github: Gauge display issue in table panels in Grafana 8 · Issue #37635 · grafana/grafana · GitHub

1 Like

Case is updated as issue is not resolved in version 8.2.2

Ran into the same issue. I was able to get it working in a test environment by changing the field type to String instead of Numeric.

Your figures are too low.
Multiply with 100 and use Percent 0-100 as a unit

(max(hz_memory_usedHeap{mc_member!=“”}) by (mc_member,mc_cluster)/max(hz_memory_maxHeap) by (mc_member,mc_cluster))*100

Ps: I am using Grafana v8.3.6 (bf8766bbf2)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.