Error connecting to demo Loki datasource

Hello, I tried to use the cloud demo instance with the demo Loki datasource, but I get the error:

Error connecting to datasource: Data source connected, but no labels received. Verify that Loki and Promtail is configured properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I’m also receiving this error. I see the following in my k8s pod logs:

$ kubectl logs promtail-2cgpz -nmonitoring
level=error ts=2019-01-30T17:40:01.227043631Z caller=main.go:35 msg="error loading config" filename=/etc/promtail/promtail.yml err="yaml: line 33: mapping values are not allowed in this context"

Hi,

i have deployed prometheus operator and loki charts 2 days before and work fine, I was updrade the grafana docker image and i have the error

Error connecting to datasource: Data source connected, but no labels received. Verify that Loki and Promtail is configured properly.

I can retrieve logs from loki usin the api, i can understand that this part is working.

someone else?

Please try the latest master docker image. There was a bug causing this which should have been fixed.

Regarding cloud demo that should also been updated with bug fix so please try again.

Thanks @mefraimsson, much appreciated. I’m up and running now! :tada:

Hello.

The same error:

“Error connecting to datasource: Data source connected, but no labels received. Verify that Loki and Promtail is configured properly.”

Arises in 20-30 minutes if no new logs have been received. At the same time, the old ones also do not work

For containers I use these images:
grafana / grafana: 6.4.1
grafana / loki: master-52a9aa7
grafana / promtail: master-52a9aa7

I’m using Grafana v6.5.2 (commit: 742d165) and I’m still facing the issue.

My promtail config looks like this

server:
 http_listen_port: 9099

positions:
 filename: ./tmp/positions.yaml

clients:
 - url: [LOKI_URL]
   tenant_id: ec2

scrape_configs:
 - job_name: log_scrape
   pipeline_stages:
   - json: