Delayed Data Visualization in Network

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana 10.4 and Windows 11

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I want to open my Dashboard simultaneously on different Laptops in a small “Network”. One Switch and three Laptops.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    On my Main Computer i run Prometheus and Grafana and i can visualize the Data perfectly fine. When i connect from the other Computers to Grafana via “{IP adress}:3000” it connects well, I can open the safed Dashboard.

• What happened?
    When plotting the Data on the extra computers i realised they are always a few seconds late. The Timestamp on the Data is still right but all the Datas coming in with a 40sec delay. The ping between the computers is at 1ms.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I want all 3 computers to synchronize, and plot the data at the same time with no delay. I’m only using 2 metrics with an update intervall of 1sec. So i dont think that the system is overloaded.

Update: The delay only occures when having Time series plots. When using a Gauge they are perfectly in sync.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this? I really need an answer on this

1 Like

open up your browser console, network tab to see what is the thing that chews up perfornance

or set higher logging level and check logs

another test you can do is use another data source with time series and check to see if same issue persists

1 Like

hey thanks for your answer, i checked the Network connection. and i only have a dataflow at around 900Kbps. So surely not the limiting factor.
About the logs i set them to warn and error and couldnt find anything.
And about your last suggestion is the that i have the problem with every Datasource. Currently i have Grafana Live in use and QuestDB with PostgreSQL. Appears at both sources. Before i used prometheus and it was the same Problem there.

1 Like