Create public PNG url for grafana-image-renderer outputs

Hi. If we send images with our alerts, a direct url with the following format will be generated for the image:
https://grafana.example.com/public/img/attachments/Fo0BAr.png
However, if we click on the Direct link rendered image when sharing a panel, it gives a url which (in my understanding) will trigger rendering the panel and will return a png file directly.

Can we expect the first behavior from the second case? When sharing my panels, I want to save the png into my Grafana server storage and get a direct url to the png that will not trigger re-rendering the panel over and over again when called multiple times.

My final goal is to embed the direct url of the png into a reporting email (having tens of screenshots, sending to tens of recipients), instead of imposing a high cpu load on my Grafana instance when each recipient opens her email.

hello welcome to the forums! here we dont like it if people come in , sign up and ask one question and then leave. please contribute first a little bit and then come back with a reputation to ask a question. thank you for your understanding

1 Like

I haven’t “leaved” :slight_smile: Asking questions is also participating in the community. I understand your concerns and I have seen lots of people like this too in Stack Overflow, but what if someone wanted to start contributing by asking a question?
This wasn’t welcoming though. You really want me to go out there and without knowing much about Grafana answer people’s questions? I don’t understand this.

asking new questions is binding resources that are not used for other questions. we need a equal amout of answers and questions. at the moment we have to many unanswered questions because of such parasitic behavior. the strategy of this forum is to have all questions answered. the goal is to limit the number of new questions. you have to earn 4 badges at first befor you can ask new questions.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.