Config Setting to Allow Old Browsers?

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Latest Windows MSI, grafana-10.4.1.windows-amd64.msi
    Windows Server 2016, not my choice.

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I’d like to be able to have the homepage load on the localhost using IE, and avoid out-of-date browsers from being blocked.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Is there a setting in custom.ini I can set?

• What happened?
    "If you’re seeing this Grafana has failed to load its application files

1. Check if you are using a non-supported browser. For more information, refer to the list of supported browsers.
  • What did you expect to happen?
    Browser user agent checks are not wanted in this scenario inside my air-gapped network.
    I know using an old browser is not always developer-friendly as it causes support tickets, so I don’t expect allowing it by default. But it should be an option, even if the main functionality doesn’t work fully as expected, I’d like to at least get some message saying everything is healthy.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    N/A, custom.ini is thousands of lines long.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    "If you’re seeing this Grafana has failed to load its application files

1. This could be caused by your reverse proxy settings.
  2. If you host grafana under subpath make sure your grafana.ini root_url setting includes subpath. If not using a reverse proxy make sure to set serve_from_sub_path to true.
  3. If you have a local dev build make sure you build frontend using: yarn start, or yarn build
  4. Sometimes restarting grafana-server can help
  5. Check if you are using a non-supported browser. For more information, refer to the list of supported browsers."
  • Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    None found related to this, just generic “it won’t work”.

I don’t believe there is any config option for that. Frontend is compiled to support recent browsers:

So there is no space for IE. You may try to compile own Grafana with IE support. But I would be suprised if all current Grafana features will be working in IE.

1 Like