Cannot select time range with mouse

I am trying to use drag and drop on various dashboard charts to zoom in on the time. This worked on a previous version but on the version I am on now (8.5) this doesn’t work. Not sure if I need to enable that feature or my type of chart (bar chart) does not support drag and drop time selection.

More details below.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Version 8.5 running on Ubuntu. Using UI in Firefox and Chrome, Windows and Ubuntu.

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I want to use my mouse to zoom in on a time series chart.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I am clicking on a chart and dragging my mouse to try and select a smaller area of time/area of the chart.

• What happened?
    Nothing, their is no cursor or border area drawn and when I release the mouse the time selection and chart do not change.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expected to see an outline or border drawn over the chart as I drag and on release the charts time and data would update.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    Not sure

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No errors

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    No

I think it is because it the bar chart (beta) type of chart and not an actual time series. I just changed to time series and drag and drop works.

2 Likes