Can we have variables show up just on the panel rather than at the top of the page?

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I need to toggle and refresh panel visualization based on switch of a filter.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    To achieve this, I am trying to toggle/update the outcome of the panel based on the change of variable. But since its a panel specific behavior I want the drop down options to be present right there and not have to scroll up and down the page to make changes.

• What happened?
    while the approach worked, I had to go up and down the page every time if you want to make a change.

• What did you expect to happen?
    certain panels would have specific data/filter to work with. It doesn’t make sense to fill the top of the page with a bunch of variables which are not even relevant to all the visualizations

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    -ni

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

• i could not find any help or doc on how to achieve this
3 Likes

+1 on this
would love to have a specific variables (filter) for rows/panels (not the entire dashboard)

but for now, maybe the workaround is to create a different folder, then put the variable you want for that panel

will creating a separate folder help here ?
i thought the only option for now is to jump have a bunch of variables on the top of the dashboard

no, it will not achieve what you expect to see.
it is just another workaround because you said

and

split up the panels into different folders with different variables in each folder
so you dont see lots of variables in 1 dashboard and you dont have to scroll up and down to change the variables…?

*also look into rows → might be helpful, might be not

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.