Annotation copied to all graphs on a dashboard in V8.1.1

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using? Win10, V8.1.1

• What are you trying to achieve? Add annotation to 1 graph without it copying across all on a dashboard.

• How are you trying to achieve it? … something seems to have changed in last update with association of annotation to “tag”… it’s like it wants to create an annotation for a timeframe regardless of tag or graph.

• What happened? Annotation entered on 1 graph now shows on ALL, and it also has copied to ALL graphs in historical where I do not believe this happened in past with prior version (unknown version number previously)

• What did you expect to happen? 1 annotation on 1 graph, not copied to all on dashboard.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with? I am end user? Not sure how.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were. No.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL? Only thing I can find is user manual on how to add annotation, I can see help articles for someone asking HOW to make this happen and it sounded complicated, I believe this may be a bug in latest release?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.