Alerts Problem / InfluxDB

Hi,
I’m having some trouble with the Alerting in Grafana (version 9.2.4). During the creation of an alert for HTTP response (when the site is down or it shows No data) when I run the query and the “Preview alerts” - everything seems fine. After that I save it and when I stop the site it shows that everything is normal. Is anyone having this issue? The data source is InfluxDB.
Thanks.

Welcome @skeetrix to the :grafana: forum

If I had to guess, I would say it might be due to your settings in these boxes. Are you sure that everything there is correct? Maybe it appears fine (even when the site is stopped) because it is not evaluating at the correct time interval.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

In the boxes, everything is okay. When the site is working, the Preview is in “Normal” state. When I stop the site, the Preview says “Alerting”. But when I go back to the Alert manager. The state is also Normal and no alarms are submitted.

Hi,

May be you didn’t wait enough time before checking your alert status.
You’re evaluating your site every 1m for 5m, so alert is fired only if your site is down at least 5m

Hi,
I’ve managed to stop the site and wait several times for up to one hour. Tried it at least 5-6 times.

Found a solution. The problem was the configuration for the old Alert manager. Fully migrated to the new one now.

1 Like