- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve?
Installing Grafana with Postgres as a database backend (not sqlite or mysql)
- How are you trying to achieve it?
postgres: image: postgres:latest # tried :14 and :13 hostname: postgres restart: unless-stopped environment: - POSTGRES_DB - POSTGRES_USER - POSTGRES_PASSWORD volumes: - postgres:/var/lib/postgresql/data grafana: image: grafana/grafana-enterprise hostname: grafana restart: unless-stopped security_opt: - no-new-privileges:true user: 1000 environment: - TZ - GF_INSTALL_PLUGINS - GF_SECURITY_DISABLE_INITIAL_ADMIN_CREATION - GF_DATABASE_TYPE - GF_DATABASE_HOST - GF_DATABASE_NAME - GF_DATABASE_USER - GF_DATABASE_PASSWORD - GF_DATABASE_SSL_MODE depends_on: - postgres volumes: - grafana:/var/lib/grafana labels: traefik.enable: true ... networks: default: traefik:
- What happened?
Grafana does not populate the database:
logger=migrator t=2023-07-04T12:11:36.382013641+02:00 level=error msg="alert migration failure: could not get migration log" error="failed to check table existence: pq: role \"test\" does not exist"
I can successfully connet to the database:
docker compose exec postgres psql -h localhost -U grafana grafana
- What did you expect to happen?
Grafana should populate the database with its database scheme.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
Do not reach the UI. Successfully tested with default sqlite database.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Deep research without any luck. Not much findings about Grafana and Postgres in Docker environment.
We have some applications running with Docker an Postgres without any problems.