Add annotation with tag value in description

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    6.0.2 with KairosDB

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Essentially, I would like to have context to the time series chart. So when a user selects a point on the chart, I would like to display a text value that will provide context to that point in time. e.g. I have numeric Temperatures and pressures displaying on the time series chart. The database also has a part number string captured. I’d like to visualize the part number string along with the Temperatures and Pressures at a given time. I am currently displaying the text values in a separate Table - Time series to rows, but ideally I would like the text values to be displayed on the time series chart so the user can easily determine the context.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I was hoping to achieve this by adding annotations to the chart and add the value of the part number tag in the description. Is there is a better way to visualize context?

• What happened?
    The annotation description displays the tag literally instead of retrieving its value

• What did you expect to happen?
    The actual value of the tag is displayed in the description

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No Errors

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Just the Annotations online doc