Add annotation with tag value in description

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    6.0.2 with KairosDB

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Essentially, I would like to have context to the time series chart. So when a user selects a point on the chart, I would like to display a text value that will provide context to that point in time. e.g. I have numeric Temperatures and pressures displaying on the time series chart. The database also has a part number string captured. I’d like to visualize the part number string along with the Temperatures and Pressures at a given time. I am currently displaying the text values in a separate Table - Time series to rows, but ideally I would like the text values to be displayed on the time series chart so the user can easily determine the context.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I was hoping to achieve this by adding annotations to the chart and add the value of the part number tag in the description. Is there is a better way to visualize context?

• What happened?
    The annotation description displays the tag literally instead of retrieving its value

• What did you expect to happen?
    The actual value of the tag is displayed in the description

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No Errors

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Just the Annotations online doc

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.