X-Ray Datasource Failed to Load Regions UnmarshalError

Hi,

I’m using Grafana v7.5.11 & installed X-Ray datasource (X-Ray plugin for Grafana | Grafana Labs) for log tracing.

The datasource is able to connect to AWS successfully. (when I click on Save & Test, it displays “Data source is working”). IAM permission is also granted based on the IAM Policies documented on the page.

However, I received an error prompt “Failed to load regions from AWS, showing default regions instead. SerializationError: failed to unmarshal error message status code: 404, … caused by: expected element type but have ” when I create a dashboard from this datasource.

Looking at the logs, I saw the following API “/api/datasources/6/resources/regions” that is throwing the error.
SerializationError: failed to unmarshal error message
status code: 404, request id: f19a7ae9-3ebd-4845-bf00-757e277142e7
caused by: UnmarshalError: failed to unmarshal error message
00000000 3c 55 6e 6b 6e 6f 77 6e 4f 70 65 72 61 74 69 6f |<UnknownOperatio|
00000010 6e 45 78 63 65 70 74 69 6f 6e 2f 3e 0a |nException/>.|
caused by: expected element type but have

Has anyone encounter this error?

Thank you.

Hi @blu078,

According to the changelog, it looks like Grafana’s AWS SDK has undergone a lot of development. Maybe try reproducing this error on Grafana 8.2.3?

Hi Mattabrams,

Unfortunately, I am using an embedded version of Grafana within another application, hence, upgrade is not an option.

I am considering to use AWS Managed Grafana if there are no workarounds.

Thank you.

@blu078 you can also try a free-forever Grafana Cloud account.

Hi Mattabrams,

Thanks for your assistance. We will review Grafana Cloud as an alternative too.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue.
I am using Grafana 9.1.1
Is there any workaround?

Hi @blu078 and @nutslove

This seems to be a known issue. For more details, please check:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 364 days. New replies are no longer allowed.