- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- Grafana v8.1.2 (103f8fa094) using Influx db
What are you trying to achieve?
A safe and successful upgrade with little or no issues
How are you trying to achieve it?
- What happened?
- What did you expect to happen?
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Welcome to the community support forums !!
You can upgrade to any newer version of Grafana as there is no special roadmap. What is important to know is that before doing the upgrade, make a backup of your database as described in this documentation.
Also, there might be some graphs/visualisations which might not look the same as in ver 8.x as those changes are described in the release notes.
Lastly, you can follow this active post where many users posted some very valuable information when they had performed the upgrade.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick reply.
It was mentioned in the office that we might upgrade to v8.5 and then from 8.5 to 9 but if we are going to upgrade (and we can roll back as per the documentation) then it might be better to bite the bullet and go straight to version 9.