Which cookies does Grafana Faro use

Hi,

we need to know which Cookies Grafana Faro add to websites when using it. Is there a documentation about it? I tried to but did not find anything regarding this topic. We need this for our GDPR data protection page and cookie banner.

Thank you in advance!

BR

Anyone with an idea?

I would say that Faro doesn’t use cookie. I checked my app where I have Faro and I don’t see any Faro cookie. Also check source code - https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Agrafana%2Ffaro-web-sdk%20cookie&type=code - there is cookie only for demo app, but not for Faro code. There can be used session or local storage, but that’s not a cookie.

1 Like

@jangaraj thanks for your response.

If I understand European GDPR right, it needs to be at least mentioned in the data privacy page of the website. Does someone know a German or European company that uses Faro to have a look at their data privacy page to see how they solved this topic?

BR

Yes. Grafana Labs :slight_smile: Check footer for: Legal and Security, Terms of Service, Privacy Policy.

Hello – you can also find this question answered in the Faro SDK FAQ Section here: FAQ Faro Web-SDK | Grafana Cloud documentation. The answer is no.

2 Likes

oh that makes sense :smiley: Thank you!