Update grafana 4.6.5 to grafana 6.0.0 - problem

Hi,

I use firefox 52.7.2.

I update my grafana to 6.0.0 version. But when I try to edit a graph my browser can’t display all page information. See below.

Anyone have a idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Hi Meruem,

if you have already upgraded from 4.6.5 to version 6.
we are planning to upgrade from 5 to 6. Could you please let me know the process to upgrade?

Step-by-Step ( Redhat)

Step 1 - Backup of the database (/var/lib/grafana/grafana.db)
Step 2 - Backup of the Configuration file (/etc/grafana/grafana.ini)
Step 3 - upgrade version 5 to version 6 using “yum”
sudo yum update/upgrade grafana
or
Do the fresh installation on top of existing one with
sudo yum install https://dl.grafana.com/oss/release/grafana-6.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm

Can you please let me know if i am missing anything ?

Thanks,

I upgraded from 4.6.3 and 4.6.5 to grafana 6.0.1 (Now).

I use local repository for the installation of any package. I downloaded the rpm file from grafana (fresh installation) and launch ansible playbook to make the update.

Thanks

What’s your OS & Browsers?

Browsers : Firefox 52.7.2

No solution to solve this problem ?

Hi Meruem,

Does Grafana installs the latest version 6 on top of version 5 or Is there any steps to be taken care to uninstall first and do the fresh installation of version6

We use the saltstack configuration management which is handling grafana version 5. So, just replaced the version 6 rpm package to upgrade version6 and lunch highstate on it.

Please suggest if i am missing anything

Thanks

Hi,

I think it’s definitely a browser problem, firefox 52.7.2 is too old to support new grafana (version >= 6) ? Can you confirm this point please @torkel.

I try clean installation (@sureshv) and the problem is not solved. I’m sure it’s not not installation problem.

On the screen of my topic in the red circle, do you use a specific/new HTML, CSS, JavaScript or other code different of all other page in grafana web site or older grafana version?

Thanks for your help

Hi meruem,

I have upgraded the grafana from version 5.1.3-1 to 6.0.1-1. I did the fresh installation on top of existing version. I haven’t faced any issues. we use google chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Thanks for your help.

I will install 5.4.3 version.