I’m wondering if we can update template variables from a panel.
My dashboard consists of graphs that visualize internal state of network applications. The data points are filtered by several template variables
- Host name where applications are running
- Process ID for an application
- Some IP addresses that’s associated with an application
The problem is that process IDs and IP addresses are not very useful when choosing an application to display, because it’s hard to see if pid 8548 or 220.127.116.11 corresponds to the application in question.
In order to make this easier, I created two tables
- A table pane that shows the mappings of process names and PIDs
- A text pane that lists known IP addresses with their descriptions
so we can easily select a PID and an IP address. But I think it’d be even better if we were able to click a row in the table to select a PID, and click an item in the list to select an IP address.
I tried something like below in the markdown. It does update the URL in the browser but doesn[t update the variable in question.
Is there a way to do this?