State timeline not calculating time spent in current state

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance in understanding why my State Timeline panel is not calculating time spent in the current state.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana v9.0.4

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Calculating the time duration of a current state in the State Timeline panel. Similarly to the Discrete 3rd party panel.
    Discrete Panel Example:

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I built a panel in the State Timeline panel.

• What happened?
    I built a State Timeline panel with four queries pulling each pulling one Boolean value. I am interested in knowing the time duration between when each bit is on/off. Nearly all functions worked as expected, i.e. value mapping, color mapping, and tool tip duration calculations between states. However, when hovering over the current state, there is no duration calculation between when the state started to the current time.
    Example showing there is no duration between when current state started and the current time:

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expected there to be a duration calculation between when the current state started and the current time. In the example below, I would expect to see this duration calculation, but between when the current state started and the current time.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    Please see above examples.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No errors have been received.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    I was not able to find additional instructions, conversations, etc. about this topic.

I would appreciate any advice :slight_smile: